Monday, January 13, 2014

Anger Management


It appears those hours spent playing Angry Birds was less of a happy distraction but more of an instigator for our rage issues.

I am a pretty angry person. There really is no reason for me to be so filled with rage, but I am. I blame humans. And I'm not the only one who is walking around like an old curmudgeon complaining about everything. But when it comes down to it, I express my anger and move on. You can't worry about that which you cannot change. For example, I hate when people walk slowly in front of me. But I can't stop that. It's their right to stroll at a glacial pace in the middle of the sidewalk. The best I can do is take a deep breath, be happy that I have healthy legs to walk on, and then bitch about it a ton later to whoever will listen. See I have a some pretty good zen balancing my rage issues.
My concern with the world, is the people who don't. Remember that kid in kindergarden who would just bite you if you didn't hand over the blocks you were playing with? Well apparently he's still doing that.
Do we all need mandatory yoga? Counseling? Time outs? We definitely don't need angry people wielding weapons.....this week I have seen some headlines that are upsetting examples of rage fits beyond what you can imagine.
Today in Florida a man shot another man in a movie theatre because he was mad that the man was texting during the movie.
It also was in the news that a man stabbed his girlfriend for bringing home pizza instead of the chicken sandwich he wanted for lunch. A totally reasonable reaction.
And last week, a pregnant woman blamed her hormones for her assault of her roommate regarding what was I'm sure, a very sensible dispute over butter.
Now, I realize I've blogged about headlines like these before, but it seems to be escalating and frankly I'm getting afraid to leave the house or be involved in any sort of confrontation. I feel like if I so much as get a parking spot in the Whole Foods parking lot that someone else perceived to be theirs, my life could be in danger.
As if I needed anymore encouragement to be a shut in?

*And while I'm committing to life as a shut in I may as well build this nearly life-size Lego R2-D2. Not only would that be awesome, but I learned that Legos are great for anger management.


1 comment:

  1. It’s good to hear that you know how to balance your life over anger. Not everyone can do that, especially with the people involved in the headlines, it really scary to go out. But I guess the best thing we can do is to spread awareness like this, for them to know how to cope with anger. Kinda like joining counseling group, yoga session, or recreational activities that they can enjoy.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete