Monday, January 14, 2013

The Golden Moment of The Globes

I'm not going to do a whole post about the Golden Globes. Truth be told I didn't even watch all of them. Television offered too many other alternatives including Honey Boo Boo chasing turkeys and getting a pet chicken called nugget and Downton Abbey where they had all sorts of drama and excitement with a wedding that didn't happen. But back to the Globes.....until I am in that room, in a gown, drinking, and nominated, I just really won't care.
Yes, the golden girls Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were awesome. But we knew they would be. And yes, Jodie Foster decided to make winning a lifetime achievement award her platform for coming out in a kind of angry and weird speech. And of course there was the surprise and awesome arrival of Bill Clinton aka Hilary Clinton's husband.
But really, the best thing I saw in all the articles, recaps, photos, blogs flooding the interweb today, this is by far the best and only moment you need to see. It's like an early Valentine's Day card.
And they are holding hands.
To quote Tina Fey's alter-ego Liz Lemon: "I want to go to there."

No comments:

Post a Comment