Sunday, February 10, 2013

Whining Nemo

This weekend the Northeast got pummeled by a blizzard of epic proportions.
So I'm still stuck inside in CT. It's been days but feels so much longer. Today, when I tried to step foot outside in daylight for the first time since Thursday, the bright sun reflecting on the chest-level mounds of snow made my eyes hurt and I had to quickly retreat back inside to hibernation. I'm going stir crazy and have eaten all the food in the house, including an entire tray of brownies on my own,  and we are running out of quality things to watch on Netflix. But luckily we are well stocked on alcohol and all this snow allows for no shortage of ice to keep that cocktail or Pinot Grigio chilled. Stay safe and warm, but whatever you do don't stay sober. Trust me, you don't want to face the cold, hard reality that all this snow won't melt until May.



No comments:

Post a Comment